16 Mar Kale Coleslaw
Serve with a green salad or with steamed fish or grilled chicken
Write a review
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- 1 tablespoon light miso
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon agave nectar
- ¼ teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- Pinch Himalayan crystal salt
- Tip: Could add mango to the dressing
For the Coleslaw
- 6 kale leaves, de-stemmed (about 1 cup packed) and cut into thin ribbons (chiffonade)
- 1/8 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ red jalapeno pepper, seeded an minced (or substitute using a dash of cayenne pepper)
- 2 tablespoons finely julienned red onion
- 2 tablespoons oil packed capers (optional)
- Combine the oils, miso, lemon juice, agave, onion powder, mustard powder, and crushed garlic in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, massage the kale well for a couple of minutes to soften.
- The kale should take-on a ‘cooked’ broken down appearance.
- Add the cabbage, tomato, jalapeno, red onion and salt to the bowl of softened kale.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture, toss, and season with salt to taste.
- Garnish with optional capers and serve.
Homefield Grange Retreat https://www.homefieldgrangeretreat.co.uk/
Please follow and like us: