and general health………..
We have all become so attached to our mobile phones. We feel lost without them, panicked that someone might not be able to get hold of us for 30 minutes, worried that we’re missing out on the latest activities of our friends (real or virtual) on Facebook, or the latest meal someone may have photographed on Instagram, the opinions of people we don’t know and will never meet expressed on Twitter etc.
There has been much in the press recently about the damaging effects of social media on our mental health and particularly the mental health of children and teenagers. But could excessive use of technology be endangering the health and indeed the very survival of the human race?
With fertility rates at an all-time low, new research from Japan has shown that electromagnetic waves from Wi-Fi and mobile devices are affecting sperm motility and reducing male fertility. Researchers at the Yamashita Shonun Yume Clinic, tested the sperm of 51 men attending an IVF clinic. Their sperm samples were placed next to a Wi-Fi router – which simulates having a mobile phone in your pocket – for periods of 30 minutes, one hour, two hours and 24 hours.
The researchers divided the group’s samples into three categories – 1) a control group with no exposure, 2) sperm samples that were exposed to the Wi-Fi, and 3) those protected by a Wi-Fi shield. Differences in sperm motility were noted after the 2 hours mark with a reduction to 26% motility in those exposed to the radiation, compared to 53% in the control group and 45% protected by a Wi-Fi shield.
After 24 hours, 23% of the exposed sperm had died, compared to only 8% of the non-exposed group and 18% of the shielded samples.
So if you are trying to get pregnant, try to limit your exposure to the radiation from phones and Wi-Fi. Even if you’re not concerned about fertility, the evidence is mounting about the impact of technology on our health and with the roll out of 5G this is likely to get much, much worse. Existing radiofrequency wavelengths are already classified by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as potential carcinogens, but there are calls from many experts, including Dr Anthony Miller, a former advisor to WHO to upgrade this to “proven human carcinogen”. 
Quite apart from the impact to human health, evidence is mounting that radio frequencies can affect the searching and orientation behaviour of pollinators such as bees, birds, and other wildlife. So the enormous scale of 5G could have a devasting effect on our wildlife (on which we depend for our survival).
With 5G, it’s going to be almost impossible to protect ourselves from universal exposure. “If the telecommunications industry’s plans for 5G come to fruition, no person, no animal, no bird, no insect and no plant on Earth will be able to avoid exposure, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to levels of RF radiation that are tens to hundreds of times greater than what exists today, without any possibility of escape anywhere on the planet. These 5G plans threaten to provoke serious, irreversible effects on humans and permanent damage to all of the Earth’s ecosystems”.
Depressing isn’t it? But there are things that you can do to limit local and personal exposure:-
- Most women carry their phones in their handbag whereas men tend to carry them in their pocket. Try to put your phone in a bag or briefcase rather than a pocket, and buy a phone shield
- Do not put unshielded laptops on your lap (consider how close that it to your genitals!!). Preferably use a laptop on a table, but if you must put them on your lap, use a proper laptop tray and consider buying an EMF laptop pad shield.
- Use a landline when you can (remember those?) and when using a mobile, attach earphones rather than holding the phone to your head
- Clear your bedroom of all electronic devices including your mobile phone! Switch your mobile phone off at night (not just on silent). If you really must keep it on, move it away from your head e.g. put it at the foot of the bed or the other side of the bedroom
- Ideally turn off Wi-Fi at night too.
- Limit your own and your children’s exposure to electronic devices. Consider wearing amber glasses to protect you from blue light
- If you get a choice, consider refusing a Smart Meter
- There are many websites selling products to protect yourself and your home from EMF’s. Men, you can even buy boxer shorts which shield your precious parts from EMF’s!!
Do your research and choose wisely
- Consider signing the appeal to stop 5G: https://www.5gspaceappeal.org/the-appeal