- 3 cups seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato powder
- 2 tbsp finely minced onion
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp minced fresh oregano, or 1tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Put the tomatoes in a colander to allow any remaining liquid to drain.
- When the tomatoes are thoroughly drained, put them in a food processor outfitted with the “S” blade, and pulse to chop. Do not over process.
- The mixture should be slightly chunky.
- Add the sun-dried tomato powder, onion, basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper and pulse to mix.
- Storage: Keep in airtight container in the refrigerator, the marinara sauce will keep for 2 days.
- Try this Raw Marinara Sauce as a quick and easy pasta sauce for a no-fuss supper or side.