16 Feb Raw Chocolate Torte with Cashew Cream and Strawberry Sauce
Delicious and decadent………………
Raw Chocolate Torte with Cashew Cream and Strawberry Sauce
Rich smooth chocolate torte with a pecan crust balanced perfectly with a strawberry sauce and cashew cream
Write a review
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 cup raisins, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
For the Filling
- 2 cups cashew butter
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cacao powder or 1 1/2 cups milled cacao nibs + 1/2 cup carob powder if no cacao powder available
- 1 1/2 cups grated cacao butter
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or seeds from 2 vanilla pods
- 1 cup agave nectar
- The first thing we need to do is liquidize the cacao butter and coco butter so put them in separate containers and place in a warm dehydrator (you can also do it in a glass bowl over another bowl of hot water)
- Next make sure your cashew butter is out of the fridge as it will be easier to work with at room temp.
- Process all the dry ingredients in a processor, then add coco butter and vanilla extract
- Be sure not to over-process nuts as they will release their oil and become ‘sludge’!
- Press all the ingredients into a 9″ springform pan. If you have a different size springform, don’t worry, just use what you have and see how thick the base becomes (for example an 8″ will produce a thicker base, it’s really no problem! 🙂
- Mix the water, cacao powder and avocados in a blender.
- In a large bowl add this mixture to the cashew butter and stir well by hand.
- If you have a Vita Mix you don’t need to mix by hand, you can do this first step and the next step in the VM but do remember to add the cacao butter last, after everything has been blended.
- Add remaining ingredients – melted cacao butter, vanilla extract and agave to the bowl and mix again.
- When thoroughly mixed, pour the heavenly chocolate mixture on to the base in the springform pan and then use a spatula to even out the top.
- Place torte in the fridge over night to set.
- It tends to get better every night it’s in the fridge, if it lasts that long without you eating it all! You can put it in the freezer for a couple of hours to set if you’re short of time as well.
- Before removing the springform, run a knife around the edge of the torte to separate it from the pan. Serve, eat, love…
Homefield Grange Retreat http://www.homefieldgrangeretreat.co.uk/
Please follow and like us: