24 Feb Pizza Flax Crackers
Savoury pizza flavour flax crackers
Pizza Flax Crackers
Savoury cracker snacks, perfect with our homemade courgette houmous
Write a review
- 3 cups carrot pulp, or chopped red bell pepper, or courgette (or a mixture)
- 1½ cups sun dried tomato powder (or 1 cup of either sun dried tomato or fresh tomato)
- 1 cup filtered water, plus additional to thin, if required (no water required if using fresh tomato)
- ½ cup chopped onion (about 1 small onion)
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 2 ½ teaspoons Himalayan crystal salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- ½ cup minced fresh herbs (basil, parsley, dill weed and/or oregano)
- 2 cups golden flaxmeal
- 2 cups golden flaxseed (see note), soaked 8-12 hours in 4 cups filtered water (do not drain or rinse)
- Put the vegetables, tomato powder/tomato, water, onion, garlic, salt, lemon juice and add dried Italian seasoning in a food processor outfitted with the S blade and process until smooth. If the mixture is too dry, add a little water and process until well mixed.
- Add the fresh herbs and pulse to mix. The batter should be smooth with visible flecks of herbs
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a large mixing bowl, add the flaxseeds and flax meal and stir well to combine.
- Using a spatula spread 2 cups of the mixture evenly onto a dehydrator tray lined with a paraflex sheet (use the entire tray from edge to edge).
- Score the crackers into 36 squares per sheet. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 12 hours, until they are dry enough to turn over.
- Flip the crackers onto mesh hydrator screens and continue to hydrate for 24 hours or until they are completely dry and crisp.
- Stored in a sealed glass jar, Pizza Flax Crackers will keep for 3 months at room temperature and 6 months in the fridge or freezer.
- Golden flaxseeds create a lighter cracker. Brown flaxseeds may be used if a darker cracker is preferred or if golden flax is not available.
Homefield Grange Retreat http://www.homefieldgrangeretreat.co.uk/
Please follow and like us: