24 Feb Courgette Houmous
Homemade courgette houmous. Great for dinner parties – impress your friends!
Savoury raw courgette houmous, makes a great dip for crudites
Write a review
- 1 cup peeled and chopped zucchini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt
- 1¼ teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- pinch of cayenne
- 6 tablespoons raw tahini
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds, soaked 4 hours, drained and rinsed
- Combine all of the ingredients (except the tahini and sesame seeds) in a high-performance blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the sesame seeds and puree until perfectly smooth and creamy.
- Add the tahini and blend again.
- Stored in a glass container in the refrigerator, Zucchini Hummus will keep for 4 days
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, some minced parsley and chopped red bell peppers for additional flavour and texture.
- Add spices like paprika, cayenne or curry to create different hummus flavours.
- Serve with sliced cucumbers or crudités, dehydrated bread or crackers.
- Serve on a leaf of romaine lettuce and top with chopped tomatoes.
Homefield Grange Retreat http://www.homefieldgrangeretreat.co.uk/
Please follow and like us: