28 Apr Chocolate Mousse Tart
Chocolate Mousse tart with Fresh Strawberry
Chocolate Mousse Tart with Fresh Berries
Light and Fluffy Chocolate Mouse
Write a review
- 1 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, or and a mix of pecan nuts, walnuts, almonds
- 1/3 cup pitted dates chopped and packed
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt
- 2 avocados
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder
- ½ cup evaporated cane juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- 1 pint strawberries thinly sliced
- 2 bananas sliced
- For the crust place the coconut in a food processor with the S blade and process to a fine powder.
- Add the nuts and salt and blend to a course meal.
- Loosely separate the dates and add them to the food processor.
- Process until texture resembles a crust. The mixture should be loose and crumbly, yet hold together when pressed tightly.
- Press the crust into a tart pan. Press firmly so the crust holds together.
- Place it in the freezer or refrigerator to set while making the filling.
For the filling
- Place the avocados, cacao powder, cane juice, vanilla, salt & cinnamon in a food processor with the S blade and process until completely smooth.
- Place a layer of sliced banana evenly on top of the crust. Spread the filling on top of the bananas. Place one layer of strawberry slices on the filling.
- Chill for at least one hour prior to serving.
Homefield Grange Retreat http://www.homefieldgrangeretreat.co.uk/
Please follow and like us: