24 Feb Almond Milk
Homemade almond milk, delicious with our buckwheat granola as a shop bought alternative and so easy to make.
Homemade Almond Milk
Homemade Almond Milk delicious with our Buckwheat Granola, so much nicer than shop bought!
Write a review
- 1 cup almonds, soaked for 8 to 12 hours, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 5-6 pitted dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Put the almonds, water, dates and vanilla in a high-performance blender and blend until smooth.
- To separate the “milk” from the pulp, gently squeeze through a cloth mesh bag or a double layer of cheesecloth (Reserve pulp)
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Tip: Store leftover almond pulp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months (defrost before using). The pulp may also be dehydrated to create flour, by spreading it on a paraflex sheet and dehydrating it at 105 degrees for 8 hours, then processing it in a food processor. Almond pulp may be used in breads, cookies, croutons, cinnamon rolls and scones.
Homefield Grange Retreat http://www.homefieldgrangeretreat.co.uk/
Please follow and like us: